Will it be more expensive for your health in the long run if you don't eat healthy?
Our health is our happiness, without health, we really have nothing. So let's do what we can to Stay Healthy on a Budget!!
I'm going to share some tips that I use to save money eating healthy and also staying within my budget.
- Write a List and Only buy What is on the list! I know this may seem like an easy one, but not everyone does it! Or they forget their list at home!
- Shop local and organic, so that you buy what is in season most of the time. You are going to find the best seasonal deals and you'll find lots of delicious food at it's freshest since it wasn't transported across the country to get there!
- If you're unsure of where a farmers market is near you it's easy to find them online or try calling your local Chamber of Commerce.
- Using real, whole foods in their natural form is not only helping you eat healthy on a budget but also has amazing health benefits! This is the way we are intended to eat.. remember that saying"You are what you eat"...So we don't want to be fast, cheap, easy or fake!
- Prepared foods usually always have more salt, fat, and sugar.. and usually the unhealthy ones because they are cheaper! Remember, we are paying for convenience, both financially and through our health.
- Try making your own dressing, sauces, dips, spreads, desserts, and milk!
EAT VEGETARIAN MORE OFTEN
- High quality meat isn't cheap! Beans, Lentils, and Legumes can make a very satisfying meal and are very inexpensive, especially if you soak and cook your own! Vegetarian Meals can be made with veggies in season and are very dense with nutrients and fibre.
- Who knows how long those veggies have been sitting there already prepackaged and sliced. It doesn't take a lot of effort and the health benefits of the food are worth it! Cutting your own veggies will mean more nutrient dense, richer enzymes, and most importantly a much fresher taste. Stop buying the baby carrots and you'll notice how much better a fresh organic carrot tastes!
These are some tips to get you started! Eating healthy doesn't have to break the bank especially if you plan ahead and cook from home. Eating meals out is when it really starts to add up and you never really know what you're getting! By eating healthy and knowing the right foods for your body's needs you will save a lot of money in the future in healthcare and unnecessary medical bills and prescriptions. Diet and lifestyle are so important to your overall health goals and needs, and that is why I am so committed to helping and sharing healthy tips, knowledge, and recipes with you!
Keep an eye out for my upcoming Easy Meal Prep and Planning Workshop and Check out my upcoming Smoothies and Juicing Workshop on April 23rd! Would love to see you there!
Tell me, How do you stay on a budget and manage to eat healthy? I would love to hear from you!