Each and everyday that the sun is shining and I don't have to pull out my winter coat, hat and mitts I am so grateful! I have to admit there have been some days that a winter coat has definitely been needed but I absolutely refuse to wear it anymore!! How about you?
With Spring here and Summer right around the corner I thought I would share some ideas to maintain and boost your energy to enjoy these longer spring days!!
Tips of How to Eat To Maintain and Boost Your Energy:
- Stay Hydrated!! This is SO Important and I think we can all use a constant reminder of this! We are made up of 70% water and we use water in all of our bodily functions so you should drink 1.5-2 liters per day and more when exercising to maintain and boost your energy
- Have protein and fibre with each meal and snack (veggies with hummus or tahini, yogurt with trail mix and fruit, kale chips with cashew cream)
- Avoid Processed and Refined Sugars and Flours: WHITE bread, rice, and pasta, refined cereals, crackers, chips, waffles, pancakes, muffins, cakes, etc.
- Avoid sugar: processed and refined white sugar, brown sugar, high fructose corn syrup, pasteurized honey, jam, chocolate, pre packaged treats, gummies, candies, etc.
- Choose natural sweeteners such as raw, unpasteurized honey or pure maple syrup
- Eat Smaller Meals More often
- Good quality proteins: quinoa, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes, lean meats, wild cold water fish
- Foods high in fibre: vegetables and fruit (leave the skin on them), whole grains, nuts, seeds, leafy greens
- Avoid stimulants: These cause ups and downs in your system, highs and lows in blood sugars and hard on your Adrenals! Stimulants: caffeine, sugar, nicotine, energy drinks, etc.