malaysian chicken curry
1 TBS grapeseed oil
1 onion, chopped
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 small chunk of fresh ginger root, minced (about 1 inch piece)
1 TBS yellow curry powder
1 TBS tamari
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup organic chicken stock
1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 lime, juiced :optional
a pinch or 2 of cayenne pepper: optional
1 red and 1 green pepper, sliced into strips or chopped
1 yellow zucchini, sliced
fresh cilantro, chopped to garnish
To Serve: Cook 1 1/2 cups brown rice or quinoa
1. Sauté the onion for a few minutes on medium heat and then add the chicken cubes and continue sautéing until golden brown on the outside.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a couple of minutes, then add the curry powder and saute until its fragrant.
3. Add the tamari, apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, and water as needed.
4. Add the mango and sauté until mango starts becoming saucy and then taste and adjust flavours. For more saltiness add more tamari, for sweetness add a tsp of coconut sugar, and for spicy add a pinch or 2 of cayenne pepper. For sourness add some fresh lime juice.
5. Once the sauce is to your liking, add the veggies.
6. Once the veggies have turned bright colours showing that they are cooked, but not over cooked it is ready to serve! Enjoy with some quinoa or steamed brown jasmine rice and garnish with some fresh cilantro.