- STAY HYDRATED! Drink lots of water throughout the day and in between those fancy alcohol bevvies! If you are going for the alcohol, make sure to drink water in between and go easy on it!
- Eat a healthy small meal or SNACK before you go to events so that you aren't STARVING when you get there! This will maintain your blood sugar since sometimes there won't be food put out for awhile and will also keep you from over eating when it is time to eat.
- If there's something you would like to eat but you know its not good for you.. have a little. Don't deprive yourself, just don't GORGE either!!
- Since it's Cold and Flu season and you will be in contact with many different people, make sure to SUPPLEMENT with Vitamin C (also great for STRESS!!), Probiotics, and Vitamin D to keep your immune system strong. Refer to my Blog, Tips to Beat That Cold and Boost Your Immune System!! for more tips!
- Schedule time for YOU to manage stress. Exercise time and down time, these are equally important for this hectic time of year when things get stressful. Schedule it in like any other event and make it happen!
- If you are asked to bring something, make sure you are the one to bring a HEALTHY option! Try my Black Bean Brownies recipe!
- Stock up with lots of FRESH REAL FOOD and make sure to have easy to grab and go snacks available. Some suggestions: apples with almond butter, homemade trail mix ( goji berries, raw cashews, brazil nuts, almonds, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds), cut up veggies with hummus or bean dip, smoothies, etc)
- SLEEP! Everything can wait until tomorrow. Your body needs rest and thats the best way to ensure you will be able to do all of the things you want to do. Make sure to be getting your proper rest and when you start to feel run down, take the time to rest.
Hope these tips help you through the hustle and bustle of the holidays! Enjoy the great food, company of friends, co workers, and family, and the magic glow of Christmas lights at night! What are your tips for staying healthy throughout the holidays?